Sunday, March 13, 2011

Let's get started.

Well, here it is! The adventure begins. Many of you may not think cooking is an adventure, but to me, it is! Welcome to my Adventures in cooking blog and here I plan to share not only cooking ideas, recipe's, great shortcuts, but also my thoughts and perhaps even reviews on certain food items.

To start this off I want to bring you to my hectic day yesterday. It was my very first The Pampered Chef party, my Launch party, and the house was booming. All my gals were having a good time eating, drinking and joking around. It was a huge success and I am hoping to earn the new Manual Food Processor. For Free!! Exhausted and feeling a bit stressed from all the hustle and bustle, we went out to eat. This is not something that I would normally do, but being the craziness of the day, I was eager for a strong drink and for someone else to serve ME. ;)
I tried a new dish yesterday and fell in love with the concept. How many have tried a pecan crusted item? OMG, really? It made my taste buds dance! I thought of a hundred ideas for this delicious coating and couldn't wait to make something of my own like this. Try it and tell me what you think! I will post my recipe when I try it and give you family reviews. 
As for tonight's Adventure in cooking? Chicken stir fry. YUM. I am going to sneak in some Zucchini and see if my husband will still eat it. He is definitely the vegetable challenged! The recipe is simple, as goes as such.

Chicken Stir Fry:
Ingreedients
2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts(cut into small bite sized pieces)
6 large carrots(peeled and cut into disks with a Mandolin)
1 sm head of broccoli (cut into pieces)
1 zucchini (also cut into disks with the Mandolin)
(other veggie's as you so desire)
Low sodium Soy Sauce
Corn Starch
2 to 3 tbsp of oil 
Cooked White Rice
Sriracha Hot chili Sauce (Asian hot sauce)

Directions:
Heat large skillet (with lid) or a Wok (I don't have one :( ..)  on high and add oil. 
Put chicken in skillet and brown well. Turn heat down to simmer.
Add carrots and zucchini to pan.
Splash 1/4 cup of soy sauce into pan and cover letting ingredients simmer and steam. Stir occasionally.
After 10 minutes, add broccoli and cover again. 
When broccoli has steamed to your liking, Combine 1/2 cup of soy sauce with 1 tbsp of the Hot sauce and stir. Add to skillet and stir. 

Make a slurry with your corn starch. What?? You don't know how?? OK OK, easy stuff. Simply spoon about 3 heaping spoonfuls of corn starch into a small prep bowl. Add in a little water and stir, making sure to do a little at a time because you want the slurry thick. 


Now back to the dish! 
Once your juices are boiling, .. no.. I dont mean once you are good and mad! I mean once the soy sauce mixture is bubbling in your pan, shut it off and remove it from the heat. Quickly take the cover off and add your slurry. Stir Stir Stir! You should watch before your eyes your mixture thicken up and coat your veggies and chicken. 
Ta Daaaaa You have a delicious meal that is super tasty. Serve this stir fry over some white rice and you have a filling meal! (I usually cheat with the boil in a bag rice! lol)


ENJOY!!






 

3 comments:

  1. This looks great!
    As for pecan crusted recipes...try pecan/cilantro crusted salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it hon! Keep the recipes, instructions, and reviews coming! Hey, on page 49 of your the Pampered Chef catalog is a recipe for pecan crusted mozzerella salad. It looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that! Definitely going to incorporate that information in my future recipe!! Thanks for the comment Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete